Understanding Your FEMA Letter is important. Please read below for tips on understanding your FEMA letter. Translations in English and Spanish.

More FEMA information

Documenting Home Ownership and Occupancy for Disaster Assistance in Kentucky

As part of the disaster assistance process, FEMA must determine ownership and occupancy of damaged primary residences. The agency has taken steps to make it easier for disaster survivors in Kentucky to verify ownership and occupancy.
Owners and renters must be able to prove they occupied the disaster-damaged primary residence before receiving Housing Assistance and some types of Other Needs Assistance. FEMA now accepts a broader range of documentation.

Read more in FEMA Fact Sheet 008 – DR-4630-KY


2-1-1 is prepared to direct you to other resources in our whole 10 county region, including food, clothing, mental health and long-term case management.

If You Need Need Mental Health or Case Management Resources:

Legal Services:

Tornado survivors can call the Kentucky Legal Aid Disaster Legal Services Hotline: 877-782-4219. They are available from 9:00am-3:00pm Monday through Friday and messages can be left at any time. If they need to leave a message, they should indicate they are seeking tornado related assistance and identify their county and general type of legal issue.Aside from generally getting this hotline and information out to the community, one of the things we want to make sure people are aware of is that they do not need to qualify for legal aid to receive disaster legal services. Kentucky Legal Aid is providing the hotline so they can handle the initial intake. If a person qualifies, they will be placed with a legal aid attorney to assist them; however, if they do not, they will be placed with a local pro-bono attorney familiar with the area of law they need assistance with instead. This is a partnership between Bowling Green-Warren County Bar Association and Kentucky Legal Aid.

Kentucky Agriculture Tornado Resources:


Financial and Transportation Assistance

HOTEL INC has recently partnered with the City of Bowling Green to address the lasting effects of the December tornadoes. Their Navigators will work to partner with victims impacted by the tornadoes to address the mid- and long-term facets of their recovery. Additionally, they may be able to assist those impacted with temporary financial assistance as they await their Disaster Unemployment Assistance, while they wait for their impacted employment to return or while seeking new employment.

They are also able to assist victims impacted by the tornadoes with their transportation needs through a partnership with the City of Bowling Green and utilizing Uber vouchers. These vouchers will assist victims with getting to work, school, medical appointments, the grocery store, religious services, and to any tornado recovery appointments. Go here for more information https://hotelincbg.com/tornado-assistance.


Please contact the Department of Revenue for questions regarding state tax extensions and other tax relief available to individuals and businesses in counties included in the federal disaster declaration issued on Dec. 12. 2021.

Website: https://revenue.ky.gov
Address: Kentucky Department of Revenue, 501 High Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Phone: 502.564.4581
Fax: 502.564.3875
Email: revenue.ky.gov/Get-Help/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx
Printable Resource: FAQs on Disaster Relief Sales and Use Tax Refund; Requesting copies of lost tax returns

Small Business Administration

The U.S. Small Business Administration offers low-interest disaster loans to both businesses and homeowners affected by the storms.

What Types of Disaster Loans are Available?

  • Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment. Businesses of any size are eligible. Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc., are also eligible.
  • Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.
  • Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.

Go here for more information.


I Need Help – BG Tornado Relief Form

  • Allows the County/City/FEMA to get you needed information
  • Owners can report overlooked structural damage

Low-Interest Disaster Loans

from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to business and residents in Kentucky

Understanding Your FEMA Letter is important. Please read below for tips on understanding your FEMA letter. Translations in English and Spanish.

More FEMA information

For more information about Kentucky tornado recovery, visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4630